Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Skin Type Solution

The book begins with a detailed questionnaire that will determine your own score on four counts-- skin hydration, skin sensitivity, skin pigmentation and skin aging. Once you know how you place in each of those four areas, you turn to the chapter of the book that directly addresses your own unique results.

The questionnaire is good for my own knowledge--where else could I discover that I have slightly dry, very sensitive, pigmented and tight skin? TMI, right? But the chapter on my skin type seemed like a marketing device for certain cosmetic companies. She didn't do a great job of explaining why this particular product works better than that product. I would rather take the questionnaire results to a dermatologist and get a real answer, face-to-face.



No comments: